Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Housewives Mansion

20 Things I Hate about this Apartment:
1. The oven only works when it feels like it.
2. The dead bolt for the front door doesn't lock.  Hello robbers and murderers.
3. The shower floods the entire bathroom.  (and no one cares enough to clean it up)
4. I have to abide by Fordham housing rules even though I am twenty-one.
5. My friends cannot come and go as they please.  I have to sign each one in individually, (up to three guests each) and I get fined if someone doesn't sign themselves out of my apartment.
6. I still have a twin bed because the rooms are so small a full wouldn't even fit if I wanted it to.
7. Only half the burners on the stove work.
8. The door to my room locks itself from the outside so I cannot close it.  As if I didn't get any privacy as it is, this just seals the deal of zero privacy.
9. The doors creak so loud they wake the entire apartment up in the mornings.
10. Not only do the doors creak, but its like playing land-mines walking down the hallway.
11. There are two bathrooms for seven housewives.  We're the biggest divas of them all, so you can figure out how this works out.
12. There is not air conditioning.  Sweat, sweat, sweat, am I right?
13. You can hear the locals playing Mexican dance music until 5 am.  Why even stop then?
14. We watched a local kill a rat with his cane from our window.
15. Gunshots.  All the time.  Gunshots.
16. We had a few mice to be parents to for a week.
17. Seven girls, one refrigerator. Need I say more?
18. You can hear your neighbors conversations as if you were sitting right next to them, not on the opposite side of a wall.
19. I live in a 8X8 room, with another person...
20. Its old.  Very, very old.

Sweet, simple, and to the point.  Now it may seem like I dislike everything about this apartment, and thats probably true.  But I hate everything.  And everyone.  However, next weeks will be a little more heartwarming and explain why I absolutely LOVE this apartment, and the people in it.
xoxo J

No comments:

Post a Comment